Friday 29 August 2014

The Company I Keep






*

Dress: Anthea Crawford brocade
Heels: Emerson patent @ Big W
Clutch: Diana Ferrari patent
Belt: Blue Illusion
Necklace: Prouds silver 
Cuff: Wallace Bishop silver
Bangle with Charms: Pandora
Ring: Pandora

*

Following on from my last ballet-themed post, I was elated to be afforded yet another opportunity to immerse myself in the world of dance with a sneak peek at a popular indigenous dance company's hush-hush new production, dealing with issues of family & cultural identity. I'm not at liberty to divulge much more information about the performance, except to say that it left me amazed at what both the human body & the human spirit are capable of...

A special occasion once again called for a special dress & this Anthea Crawford option is one of my favourites. I particularly love the portrait neckline, ideal for showcasing all manner of necklaces & pendants. For this outing, I wore the same necklace as I did for my cousin's baby shower (see Slugs & Snails & Puppy Dog's Tails post) but switched up the rest of my jewellery - this time adding funky touches with a Pandora charm bangle & ring. Also changing the look & feel of the ensemble - rendering it a little tougher & more sculptural - was the addition of a stretch belt from Blue Illusion:


Another fabulous aspect of this dress is the way the print & saturated hue changes, appearing muted & two-dimensional in the shadows (or indoors) but flashing a brilliant cobalt blue with three-dimensional blooms in the sunlight, evidenced below:





No comments:

Post a Comment