Monday 18 August 2014

Walking on the Moon







*

Dress: Montique
Jacket: Just Jeans leather
Boots: City Chic
Bag: Sportsgirl
Cuff: Vintage tribal silver

*

With only a week to go until the long-awaited Bob Dylan concert experience, I thought I'd get into the spirit by reminiscing about another fantastic event I was lucky enough to score tickets to earlier this year: James Blunt's 2014 Brisbane Concert. I just HAD to post the pictures I took coming home in the middle of the night, ears still ringing... 

I am obsessed with the idea of sparkles mixed with leather to give that rock 'n' roll edge suitable for any evening concert experience. This Montique dress is a little bit of everything you need: special enough for a night out due to the all-over embellishment, a little bit sexy with the 3/4 sleeves & low back & stretchy enough to comfortable when contorting to fit into those fold-up seats they have at many entertainment venues. What's with that? I mean, as soon as one person in a row sits down, the idea of having more space to move becomes a moot point... 


But I digress. When it comes to concert jewellery, I like to keep it simple. After all, there's nothing worse than trying to jump up & down or clap & having dainty bracelets or rings getting caught up in one another. The triangular sculptural shapes of this chunky tribal cuff mirror those created by the beading on the dress, resulting in a subtly cohesive overall look. Messy hair & bright lipstick complete the Shirley-Manson-esque look... I know, I know... I wish! 




But back to Blunty... The night itself did not disappoint, with the ubiquitous man-of-the-moment belting out hit after hit while tinkering on the piano, filling the space between songs with bawdy jokes & self-deprecating stories. 

Of course, no concert experience would be complete without lining up (for what seemed like hours) to buy a whole host of over-priced merchandise. I went with the Moon Landing tote bag as you can never have too many of those, particularly with the unpredictable Queensland weather which could have you carrying an overcoat, a water bottle, a pair of togs & a sunhat all in the one day. It's a little creepy with the larger-than-life-size picture of his face plastered across the front (see below for the evidence), but as long as I turn it around when I'm getting changed or something, it's all good. 




And for the uninitiated among you who evidently didn't turn on your radios in 2005 when his first hit, "You're Beautiful" was on, like, every hour of every day for months & months & months... Check out these bad boys on You Tube or at your local music store... 

Franny's Top 5 James Blunt Songs:

Same Mistake
Wisemen
Stay the Night
Bonfire Heart
Goodbye My Lover

No comments:

Post a Comment