Thursday 7 June 2018

Wonderland













*

Dress: Kitten D'Amour lace, satin, velvet
Petticoat: Kitten D'Amour polyblend, tulle
Jacket: Taking Shape devore, fringing
Booties: Wittner mesh, embroidery, suede
Bag: Kitten D'Amour jacquard, velvet with brass hardware
Thick Bangle: Vintage, The Way We Wore brass
Thin Bangle: Tree of Life brass

*

After yesterday's "so Frenchy, so chic" gala photographs, I'm excited to share yet another Gallic-inspired ensemble, styled up to attend a recent cabaret performance of Lewis Carroll's masterpiece "Alice in Wonderland" with someone dear to me. I'm wearing an absolutely stunning retro-style fit-to-flare dress in cream satin with black lace overlay, satin belt detail & velvet scalloped neckline & bow from Kitten D'Amour with a black tulle & poly-blend petticoat underneath for body & movement mixed with a black bird-printed devore kimono style jacket with fringing from Taking Shape to ward off the sudden chill in the air while retaining that sumptuous "Palace of Versailles" feel that I seeking to emulate. When it came to the accessories, I chose go with the unconventional (in deference to the madcap yet magical story of Alice, no doubt) in the form of a pair of black floral embroidered mesh booties from Wittner for my feet & a boxy burgundy jacquard handbag with velvet bows & small brass fob watch (again from Kitten D'Amour) to carry all of my essentials (very White Rabbit, if I do say so myself) & finally, a pair of brass bangles - a thick, vintage option from America, sourced from The Way We Wore vintage fair & a thin option from my local Tree of Life store.

Scroll down to take a cheeky peek of the look without the jacket...









No comments:

Post a Comment