Wednesday 6 March 2019

Little Black Dress












*

Dress: Anthea Crawford crepe
Slingbacks: Wittner leather, tweed, stripe calico
Bag: French Connection suede with silver hardware
Brooch: The Silversmith silver, marcasite
Cuff: Najo via Precious Stones silver

*

Feeling every inch the Audrey-Hepburn-style ingenue in this outfit that I styled up to a recent ballet performance with some friends... such is the power of an LBD or Little Black Dress to the uninitiated. The classic, satin-backed-crepe midi dress with asymmetrical shoulder & rosette detailing from Anthea Crawford fitted as though it was made exactly to me specific measurements & I capitalised on this by donning a pair of funky, black leather slingbacks with pointed, grey tweed toes & monochrome striped bows from Wittner which, admittedly, were slightly lower than my usual heels. All other elements of my ensemble were simple yet effective to allow the heels to take "centre stage" as the saying goes: a boxy, black suede handbag with oversized silver handles from French Connection, edgy silver tribal cuff from Najo via Precious Stones Jewellers in the Myer Centre, Brisbane & finally, a darling marcasite butterfly brooch from The Silversmith that my parents gifted me for my 18th birthday, pinned to the rosette detail on the dress to add a playful, botanical edge to the look. Check it out in more detail below...


No comments:

Post a Comment