Wednesday 27 March 2019

Wedding Reception








*

Dress: Anthea Crawford embroidered mesh, satin
Heels: Forever New suede, stacked wooden heel, silver buckle
Bag: Olga Berg via Myer vinyl with silver hardware
Hinged Bangle: Oxfam silver
Cuff: Gian Paolo Maria via Lannah Dunn handmade silver, Swarovski crystals, beads
Ring: Swarovski silver, crystals

*

If you have already perused yesterday's blog post with snippets from my younger brother's beautiful wedding ceremony, you'll know that this post will be sharing moments from the gorgeous, rustic-themed reception in St Paul's Presbyterian Church's historic Sabbath School Hall, built in Brisbane's celebrated Spring Hill in 1886.

Just to recap on the fashion details, I'm wearing as stunning purple & blush pink embroidered floral mesh & satin cold-shoulder shift dress from Anthea Crawford, blush suede booties with sky high wooden stacked heels & silver buckles from Forever New to inject that classic-with-a-twist quality that avid readers of the blog will know I am partial to & a blush vinyl, single strap handbag with silver hardware from Olga Berg that I sourced from my local Myer store. When it came to jewellery, I couldn't go past all my most special pieces - a delicate, silver hinged bangle from Oxfam that I wore to my senior formal back in 2001, handmade silver cuff dotted with Swarovski crystals & beads from Gian Paolo Maria via the divine Lannah Dunn boutique in Brisbane's Tattersall's Arcade that my parents gave me to celebrate my 30th birthday & a matching (just by chance) Swarovski silver & crystal ring that my younger brother gave me for the same occasion.

Now, without further ado, scroll down to see how the reception unfolded...

















The Bride & Groom greet well-wishers as they enter the hall...








Mother & Father of the Groom speech...



Maid of Honour speech...






Bride & Groom's "Thank You" speech...




Best Man's speech...





Cutting the Cake...











Vanilla Buttercream Sponge with Lime Zest in the Icing... 
seriously the BEST wedding cake that I have ever eaten!



The boys take some "time out" for a a slice of cake...
























No comments:

Post a Comment