Sunday 12 October 2014

Boho in the 'Burbs






*

Kaftan: Boho Australia chiffon
Camisole: TS elastane
Platforms: Sandler patent
Bag: Mascotte
Thick Bangle: Vintage, American brass
Thin Bangle: Du Monde brass

*

Unwilling to let the beach vibe go, I have decided to bring bohemian chic to the suburbs, pairing this stunning baroque print chiffon kaftan with flesh-tone peeptoe platforms, a caramel handbag to pick up on the smallest details contained in the pattern & brass bangles to match the tiny brass buttons at the neckline. 




The trick to making kaftans work AWAY from the beach is to wear flattering "foundation" garments (as they were called in my grandmother's day) in the form of a tailored petticoat, pettidress, singlet or, in this case, camisole. The black elastane version I am wearing in these shots is from TS & is, by far, one of the best I have ever owned as it is STRAIGHT cut, rather than the bias cut options you find in many other stores. 

You know what I have always marveled at? The way certain brands put a tight, bias cut slip under a smock or straight cut dress. It just makes no sense! If I favour a straight cut silhouette, why would I choose a bias cut slip!?! That just seems... well, ridiculous & uncomfortable! 

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, scroll down for more shots of the gorgeously printed kaftan - with eminently comfortable camisole beneath - floating in the breeze as I twirl around, brightening up a suburban Sunday morning... 






No comments:

Post a Comment