Tuesday 21 October 2014

If you're happy & you know it... wear these pants








*

LOOK #1
Tunic: Crossroads rayon & chiffon
Pants: Crossroads rayon
Vest: Crossroads crepe & chiffon
Heels: Emerson patent 
Clutch: Adorne lace & pine
Necklace: TS
Hinged Bangle: Wallace Bishop silver & elastic
Hinged Circular Bangle: Gift

*

I know, I know, I'm as shocked as you are... I am wearing pants. That's right, pants. Technically, happy pants - the closest thing you can get to a skirt without ACTUALLY wearing a skirt, owing to the dropped-crotch & wide, floaty legs - with matching tunic dresses over the top but it's still a big change rocking my little fashion world. 

This first, Indian-style ensemble is not only floaty & cool for the warm spring days but the predominantly black pattern-on-pattern (broken up by the inclusion of a sleeveless draped vest) visually lengthens the body, making me look taller - an optical illusion I have enhanced by adding a long, chunky necklace with large beads to draw the eye. I kept the rest of my accessories simple: black patent peeptoe platforms & a black lace clutch with a moulded pine handle for a change of texture, a silver hinged bangle & a black & silver circular hinged bangle to match the aforementioned necklace, pictured in detail: 



*






*

LOOK #2
Tunic: Trace Lee rayon
Pants: Trace Lee rayon
Flat Thongs: 
Bag: Sportsgirl
Necklace: TS elastic
Hinged Bangle: Wallace Bishop silver & elastic
Bangle: Tree of Life beaded

*

This second, bohemian pants-suit is far more casual & can't be dressed up as much as the first option. With this in mind, I have gone for comfort, mixing the hippie tie dye print - replete with its flower "scribbles" - with a pair of glittery black flat thongs & small handbag, black elastic draped necklace & thin black beaded bracelet to pick up on the touches of black in the pattern & my usual silver hinged bangle for a bit of shine. Scroll down for close-up pictures:




What I love about floaty tunics or dresses is the ability to instantly change their look by knotting chosen sections, as I have done in the pictures below. In this case, knotting one side has modified the drape & resulted in a far-more streamline silhouette for a petite person such as myself. 

If there's one thing I've learnt about fashion, it's that small tweaks allow you to wear a bright & unique pattern multiple times without people preempting it. The key to pulling it off is trial & error - for example, as well as simply knotting a garment, you could tie with ribbon, thread on beads or even turn inside out & bunch up with rubber bands, as I've done in previous posts. The only limit is your imagination. 



1 comment:

  1. Wow, The blog looks great. Thanks for sharing the information with us. You can also visit hair care tips for ladies

    ReplyDelete