Monday 27 October 2014

Pic-Nic



www.vintagelifestyle.com


www.healthnutrawfoods.com


www.pinterest.com


*

Dress: Gift, silk & tulle
Heels: Target patent
Clutch: Witchery woven
Necklace: Sussan beaded
Cuff: Wallace Bishop silver

*

As soon as I put this dress on, my mind was filled with visions of garden parties, evocations of long-ago spring picnics & memories of hours curled up reading Enid Blyton tales - my favourites always being the ones where picnicking English schoolchildren stumbled upon smugglers in coves by the beach & managed to unmask their illegal operation faster than the local constabulary could ever hope to, despite the clear peril they found themselves in... 

But I digress. 

Such sweltering weather required something floaty & cool & made of a natural fibre & this dress fit the bill - a sweet checked silk with tulle underlay at the hemline, creating a flow of fabric that kept me cool despite the temperature. Rather than my usual black patent heels, I added flesh-tone pumps & a woven neutral clutch for a lighter feel, finishing the outfit with my favourite silver cuff & a chunky necklace made of beads in the shape of flowers, shown in detail below: 


Keep scrolling for "dancing" shots - this dress can REALLY spin!



No comments:

Post a Comment