Saturday 6 September 2014

Feted






*

Dress: Anthea Crawford jersey
Blazer: Spicy Sugar
Brogues: Ziera patent
Bag: Novo patent
Scarf: Flower cotton
Cuff: Wallace Bishop silver
Hinged Bangle: Heathergems
Bangle Stack: Tree of Life cotton & plastic

*

Spent a sunny Saturday morning attending a Spring Fete with some friends at their five-year-old son's school. The relic of a by-gone era (I remember attending as a child), school fetes seem to be undergoing a resurgence, with crowds flocking to the many thrill rides & amusements pitched up on the school oval, hoping for some old-fashioned, family-friendly fun in this highly digitised world... And the chance to taste some homemade cakes, slices, toffees, jams & relishes at the incredibly popular Country Kitchen stall, of course!

It's hard to know what to wear in this in-between weather, so I decided to go with a spring-y Anthea Crawford jersey dress with photo-print roses, anchored by a black cropped mid-weight blazer, black patent brogues with tights & a black patent handbag. Extra colour & flair was added with a contrasting paisley print cotton scarf with fun tassels on the hem, an armful of coloured thread bangles & my silver & pink Heathergems hinged bangle in addition to my usual silver cuff. Accessories are pictured in detail below: 




I'll be honest - it was EXTREMELY warm when lining up on the oval so a certain small boy could ride on a certain tiny train (evidence below) but when the sun would go under a cloud - as it frequently did - the breeze that followed had a cool edge to it that made me thankful for the tights & closed-in shoes. 




All in all, it was a lovely old-school (pardon the pun!) way to spend the day. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm just going to cut myself a lovely big piece of chocolate fudge cake & maybe sample some coconut ice... I'll leave you with a few more fete pictures to finish... 





No comments:

Post a Comment