Monday 8 September 2014

Franny's Fabulous Father







*

Dress: Gift
Jacket: Laika by Dogstar brushed cotton & cupro
Booties: Corelli @ Williams
Bag: Novo patent
Hinged Bangle: Oxfam silver
#1 Cuff: Disney Couture
#1 Ring: Disney Couture
#2 Beaded Bracelets: Thomas Sabo
#2 Cocktail Ring: Be Me
#2 Thin Band Ring: Navies Jewellers

*

Celebrated Father's Day with a delicious family dinner at our favourite sushi restaurant in Sunnybank. The cooler weather meant it was the perfect opportunity to bust out my new Laika by Dogstar cape-style jacket that was an ABSOLUTE BARGAIN at a local second-hand store at 89% off the retail price... It must have been an Op Shop Week miracle!

Deciding what would go underneath was a difficult choice, as I wanted the jacket to be the star of the outfit, but I finally decided on a black & red graphic print silk shift dress that perfectly matched the burnished colour of the ribbon tie & had a high neckline that sat perfectly flat, meaning that the jacket framed it perfectly. I kept the rest of the accessories simple - black suede & neoprene booties (those babies have paid for themselves ten-fold!), matte tights, patent handbag, silver bangle & Winnie the Pooh cuff & ring to pick up on the red in the rest of the outfit, pictured in detail below


Unfortunately, the Winnie the Pooh jewellery didn't see the inside of the sushi restaurant as there was an unexpected snafu when the cuff broke... Disappointed, I switched both cuff & ring for my black beaded bracelets with kitschy charms, black & silver diamante cocktail ring & think band black diamante ring for my pointer finger. This combo can be seen in subsequent pictures taken at the restaurant:





All that remains of a delicious sushi dinner...


Loving the deep fried ice-cream with strawberry topping, 
made that little bit more festive with an umbrella...


Outfit details aside, this post is dedicated to the man who has been an unwavering support, tireless cheerleader, faithful guide & now that I am a grown woman, beloved friend: my father, Rayne. I am truly blessed that God chose me to be your daughter & that together, the four of us have created a close & loving family... HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!



Clearly a fashionista with a penchant for hats from way back!
Here I am wearing my Dad's hat at 14 months old...


A dad is someone who
Wants to catch you before you fall
But instead picks you up,
Brushes you off
And lets you try again.


A dad is someone who
Wants to keep you from making mistakes
But instead lets you find your own way,
Even though his heart breaks in silence
When you get hurt.


A dad is someone who
Holds you when you cry,
Scolds you when you break the rules,
Shines with pride when you succeed
And has faith in you even when you fail...


Aside from my father, there have been two more important men in my life - my Poppy, Richard & my Grandfather, Ivan, both of whom are pictured with baby Franny below: 



Clearly a water/beach baby from way back... 
Countdown to Rainbow Bay in September - less than 2 weeks to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment