Monday 1 September 2014

In The Pink












*

Dress: Anthea Crawford lace jacquard
Heels: Target suede
Bag: Adorne
Cuff: Vintage 1970s tribal

*

Warmer temperatures to herald the arrival of Spring called for bare legs & short sleeves & I was happy to answer that call, pulling out one of my lace jacquard Anthea Crawford dresses & styling it sans tights... & jacket... & boots... & scarf. 



I chose a pink dress in homage to my favourite blush hued pictures & quotes from Pinterest to get into the Springtime spirit. As I had a meeting with a personal styling client, I added edge in the form of my vintage silver tribal cuff (the sculptural edges mirror those of the lace flowers on the dress) & corporate-esque chic in the form of my pointy-toed court shoes - an absolute STEAL from Target at a mere $10... they look so expensive (see pictures above) & are so comfortable! - & my new black handbag that is reminiscent of an old-fashioned suitcase. When I was small, my mother had one that she painted bright yellow & kept all of our childhood drawings, paintings & cards in. We called it the "yellow port." 

But back to the pink...


Here's a little retro dessert recipe, inspired by pink & perfect for warmer spring weather:

Franny's Flummery

Ingredients:

1 x 9 grams strawberry jelly
1 x 375 ml evaporated skim milk

Method:

#1 Combine jelly crystals & 1 cup (250 ml) of boiling water in a medium heatproof bowl.
Stir until crystals dissolve. Cover in plastic wrap.

#2 Refrigerate until consistency of unbeaten egg whites; about 1 1/2 hours.

#3 Beat slightly set jelly with evaporated milk for approximately 5 minutes using electric hand mixer at high speed until doubled in volume. Should be thick & glossy; meringue-like.

#4 Spoon into 8 individual glasses - or one large bowl (as pictured above) - cover & refrigerate for another 2 hours or until firmly set. 



 Flummery is a funny thing - it's cool & soothing & sort of "melts" or "fizzes" away inside your mouth as soon as you put the spoon in. It's almost like it evaporates into nothing as you eat, leaving only the sweet taste of the strawberry jelly on your lips. 
DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment