Thursday 25 September 2014

Not Drowning; Waving










*

Dress: Blue Illusion silk
Kimono: By Johnny silk
Sandals: Sportsgirl jellies
Cross-Body Bag: Sportsgirl
Shell Rings: Thousand Island Dressing

*

Another cool, overcast morning that blew away to a stunning day by the water. Weather like this calls for a layered look & this horizontal striped silk empire-line dress with tiered hemline topped with a multi-print floral silk kimono fit the bill perfectly - the stripes a sweet nautical touch & the florid pattern a nod to the Springtime. 

As readers of this blog know, I LOVE pattern & pattern mixing & even more so, adore donning long, floaty layers - despite the fact that some may say that I am "drowning" in fabric & print. I believe the secret is ensuring the optimum fit & for me, clothing sizes are merely a guideline. This is why I am fastidious with measurements when shopping online, though this is by no means foolproof... I am only petite in stature & an oversized kimono would have swamped me. To get the more streamlined, closer-to-the-body fit I was searching for (to work with dress' empire-line shape), I ended up going down three sizes, something I wouldn't have been able to do online without a rigmarole of posting items back to the company. 

The busyness of the multiple motifs rendered most accessories superfluous, so the clear jellies & iridescent cross-body bag were once again requisitioned, as well as two chunky shell rings for that little extra "something." Everyone knows how much I love dressing to a theme, so the fact that they were made of shell & it was the beach probably had something to do with it...

Speaking of all things swimming, here are a few pictures of later in the day when the weather cleared up enough to hit the sand, small boy in tow:








Stay tuned for upcoming swimwear posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment