Monday 22 December 2014

Polka Dot Playdate Playsuit


In which I come to grips with getting in & out of a "onesie"...

*







*

Playsuit: Target Collection poly-blend
Sandals: Betts for Her patent
Bag: Novo patent
Hinged Bangle: Wallace Bishop silver & elastic
Beaded Bracelets: Gift (from Creative Waves)

*

Rocking a playsuit for a pre-Christmas playdate with the sweet daughters of some dear family friends. Can't even remember if I wore a "onesie" like this when I was little, so it is certainly a new experience for me... Word to the wise, you'll need to plan in advance when you need to use the toilet, as it DOES take some maneuvering to get in & out. 




Regardless of the logistics, I was loving the black & white spotted print & the silky fabric, as well as the visually interesting folded v-neckline detail. Casual chic at its best, if you ask me. 


Accessories were simple - a pair of black patent gladiator flats & a matching handbag & jewellery was minimal - a silver hinged bangle & trio of mismatched beaded bracelets tied with a ribbon.


Scroll down for a little peek at some of the goodies that the girls received...




And have a gander at some of the gorgeous things I was given...



...including this gorgeous Snow White phone charm from Tokyo Disneyland that I am using as a modified "key ring" or tassel on the door of my new Art Deco cabinet. 


*


On the tenth day of Christmas
My true love sent to me:
Ten lords-a-leaping
Nine ladies dancing
Eight maids-a-milking
Seven swans-a-swimming
Six geese-a-laying
Five gold rings
Four calling birds
Three French hens
Two turtledoves
And a partridge in a pear tree

Talk of when I was young brought to mind these little beauties that have been part of our Christmas celebration since I was very small. It just wouldn't be Christmas at my house without the "red bow" & Holly Hobby baubles!




For those who don't know, Holly Hobbie is a fictional cat-loving, rag-dress-wearing little girl created by an American writer/illustration of the same name (born Denise Holly Ulinskas in 1944) who is featured on many wholesome greeting cards from the 1960s onwards. Her popularity has never waned: in 1974 Knickerbocker Toys produced a line of Holly Hobbie rag dolls; in 1980, author Richard Dubelman wrote a book entitled The Adventures of Holly Hobbie where she was recreated as a ghost from a 1803 painting who steps out the past to help her descendant search for her missing father; in 1984 American Greetings released limited edition Christmas decorations bearing Holly Hobbie pictures; in 2004 Nickelodeon produced a film entitled Holly Hobbie and Friends & in 2006, based on the popularity of that film, Mattel created a new line of dolls featuring characters from the movie...



*

No comments:

Post a Comment